Sometimes you want a simple breakfast, and I have just the thing. Omelettes are a great way to just get all the ingredients in at once and turning them into muffins is a fun way to do it.I have made these also with younger family members and they loved it! Sometimes kids are fussy but making something healthy look like a muffin is one way to get around it.You can switch out the bacon for some other vegetables if you would like.I had mine with Tesco’s free from bread and beans on the side.
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 100g / 1 half of unsmoked lardons
- 150g/ 1 half of a pack, closed cup mushrooms
- ½ cup of semi- skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180° Celsius/ 360° Fahrenheit and oat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray
- Firstly slice the mushrooms and dice them into smaller edible chunks
- Crack the eggs and whisk with a pinch of salt and pepper, milk and cheddar cheese. stir in the bacon lardons, and mushrooms
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake until firm to the touch. This should take 25-30 minutes
- Once baked, leave to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the tin
The thing I love about these omelette muffins is that you can combine any ingredients, pepper, broccoli, spinach, scallions, anything you fancy.The first time I made these I used regular smoked bacon but it was to salty and the flavour overpowered everything else. Try both and see which you would prefer!